In order that a party may hold a valid .co .uk or .org .uk domain name registration, NOMINET UK, the entity granted the exclusive right to administer the. registry for .uk domains, requires that all organisations or individuals applying to register, transfer or renew a .uk domain name ("Customer(s)") adhere to the following terms and conditions. As a Customer, you accordingly agree as follows:
1. NOMINET UK's Rules For The .uk Domain And Sub-Domains and the procedures of NOMINET UK's Dispute Resolution Service, in each case as amended from time to time, form part of the contract. Copies of those Rules and procedures may also be obtained directly from NOMINET UK.
2. If the Customer uses an agent for payment of fees, NOMINET UK will first seek payment from the agent; but if the agent does not pay the fees for whatever reason, NOMINET UK will have the right to recover the fees from the Customer.
3. The Customer (or the transferee, as the case may be) will:
3.1 except where this is the responsibility of the Customer's agent) obtain the consent of individuals whose personal data are to be held on the Register of .UK Domain Names to the access referred to in Clause 7.10 below;
4. NOMINET UK will:
4.1 process the application and consider whether to accept or reject it in accordance with the criteria laid down in NOMINET UK's Rules For The .uk Domain And Sub-Domains in force at the time of the application for registration.5. The initial registration period is two years from the date of the application for registration. Thereafter, the registration may be renewed indefinitely for further periods of one or more years, on payment of the renewal fees applicable from time to time, and subject to clause 11 below.
6. The Customer (either directly or via an agent) may surrender the registration of the Domain Name by notice in writing to NOMINET UK at any time prior to issue of a Registration Certificate and on issue of the Certificate for that Domain Name, by sending to NOMINET UK the Certificate and the correctly completed Surrender of Registration (on the reverse of the Certificate). No other method of surrender is permitted after issue of a Certificate. Once the Domain Name and the Customer's details have been entered in the Register of .UK Domain Names as a full registration no refund of fees will be payable by NOMINET UK.
7. NOMINET UK is entitled to register Domain Names on a first come, first served basis, whether or not it has received payment for their registration; and, until NOMINET UK has confirmed it as a pending registration, there is no guarantee that the Domain Name applied for will be entered in the Register as such. Customers are advised not to take any action in respect of the registration of a Domain Name before it becomes a full registration.
7.1 If payment and the correctly completed reply form attached to the Registration Certificate are not received by NOMINET UK, NOMINET UK is entitled to cancel the pending registration by notice in writing to the Customer or the agent.8. The restrictions and indemnities in clause 7 above are considered to be reasonable in the context of NOMINET UK's status as a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee that is performing a service on a cost-recovery basis.
9. If any clause of these terms and conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the invalid or unenforceable wording shall be deemed to be omitted.
10. The contract may be assigned by NOMINET UK. The Customer may assign the contract subject to any change made pursuant to clause 11 below, and transfer the registration of the Domain Name, by sending to NOMINET UK the Registration Certificate, the correctly completed Transfer of Registration on the reverse of the Certificate and the transfer fee applicable at the time of the transfer. No other method of transfer is permitted.
11. NOMINET UK may change the terms and conditions of the contract on renewal or transfer of the registration of the Domain Name. All transfers and renewals will be made under NOMINET UK's Terms &; Conditions for the Registration of Domain Names current at the time of the transfer or renewal and, in the case of a transfer, as agreed by the Transferor.
12. Any notice to be given under the contract shall only be deemed to be served if delivered by hand or sent by pre-paid post, by fax or e-mail, to the party to whom it is given at its last known postal or e-mail address or fax number. The notice will be effective: if delivered, on delivery; if sent by fax or e-mail, when the sender receives confirmation of receipt; and if sent by post, on the fourth day after posting.
13. These terms and conditions, together with the Rules and procedures referred to in clause 1 above, constitute the entire agreement between NOMINET UK and the Customer for the registration of the Domain Name, and supersede all prior agreements, understandings and representations whether oral or written. Subject to clause 11 above, no variation may be made to the contract unless it is in writing and signed by authorized representatives of the Customer and NOMINET UK.
14. The contract shall be governed by English law, and the Customer and NOMINET UK submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.